We are very fortunate to have an active fundraising group of parents and members of staff who contribute their valuable time in helping us raise money.
The PTA play an important role in the school community and support many activities/events including:
- school discos
- supporting each year group’s Christmas Party and Christmas Party Gift
- organising fundraising activities (e.g. Christmas cards, performance photos (introducing DVD’s in 2013), non-uniform days, Christmas Raffle, Christmas Fair, Easter Bingo, Chocolate Tombola, Bag 2 School and Summer Fete, magic show and quiz nights – to name but a few).
The money previously raised has contributed to:
- Coddington PE Shirts for the school cross country teams
- Football, Cross Country, Basket Ball and Netball team kits
- play equipment in the play-ground areas
- all-weather surfacing
- gifts for our children at Christmas
- Sports Day team sashes
- seating & whiteboard for outside classroom
- scrabble boards for the ‘Scrabble Club’
- camera, arts & crafts materials
- specialist Maths equipment
- lighting and audio equipment for the main hall (October 2013).
How you can help ….
We meet 1-2 times each term. If meetings aren’t your thing, then there are always plenty of discos, fairs or parties to help at. If you are available to help at events, please leave your contact details at the School Office and one of our PTA members will contact you.
We also now have our own Facebook page for the PTA which can be found here https://www.facebook.com/CoddingtonSchoolPTA/
We are aware that a number of our local employers and parents, run community Schemes within their organisations. It makes a massive difference. If your employer runs a scheme where they will contribute time, match fund an events fundraising if you are involved or donate a prize this would be fantastic. We can work with you and your employer to seize these generous opportunities.
Thank you to all who continue to support the good work of the PTA and the school