Values and Ethos
Our whole approach at Coddington Primary School is driven by our 7 Rainbow Christian Values which include Respect, Happiness, Friendship, Honesty, Cooperation, Responsibility and Love which together with our School motto ’Shining the Light of Learning‘ helps inspire the whole school.
Our pupils will:
· have confidence and high self esteem
· become self-motivated, enthusiastic and creative learners keen to achieve their full potential
· learn independently and collaboratively
· be self aware, sensitive, caring individuals with respect for others and the environment
· enjoy their learning, experience success and be proud of their achievements
· be able to form and express ideas and questions, and communicate effectively
· have the personal and social skills to be able to play an active and constructive role in society
To meet our aims we will provide:
· a supportive and challenging ethos which encourages success and recognises and rewards effort and achievement
· a broad, balanced, creative curriculum providing pupils with opportunities to apply their learning
· good teaching incorporating a range of styles to support all learners through an investigative approach to learning
· interesting and stimulating learning experiences and environment that will help to challenge and motivate pupils
· constructive learning partnerships between home, school, church and community
· creative, friendly and inspiring role models
· a rich, varied and relevant set of learning resources
. an enriching and stimulating programme of events, visits, visitors and extra-curricular activities to suit a broad range of abilities, interests and ages
At Coddington C of E Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
At Coddington C of E Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Equality in Teaching and learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
Equality in Admissions and Exclusions
Our admissions arrangements are fair and transparent and do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, religion, belief, disability and/or socio-economic background.
Equal Opportunities for Staff
All staff appointments and promotions are made on the basis of merit and ability and in compliance with the law. We are keen to ensure that the staffing of the school reflects the diversity of our community.
The school has a full and separate Equality policy Please consult this for further details if you wish.